Stages of excavation of gypsum stone:
- removal of superficial layer and transport to the exploited part of excavation (simultaneous terrain recultivation)
- deep holes drilling in the upper part of the deposite
- explosives placing and detonation
- transport of shuttered stone to a crushing plant
- mechanical stone crushing and classification to specified types and classes
- calcination and partial dehydration of gypsum
- final product – building gypsum
Events / important dates:
1982 Opening of LESZCZE deposit.
1999 Atlas-Lafarge consortium purchases 80% of shares of Dolina Nidy Gypsum Indystry Plants (Zakłady Przemysłu Gipsowego Dolina Nidy S.A.).